1. What information do we collect?
We collect personal information and usage information when you download, install and use gidimo including:
- Information you provide to us. When you sign up for an account on gidimo, we collect your phone number or email address and password. When you click on our verification link for email or verify your phone number with the OTP code sent to your phone, we will collect your approximate location at city or street where you verified the email address and anytime upon launching the app.
By granting us access to your contacts, you provide us with the phone numbers in your mobile address book from time to time, including other gidimo user and non gidimo users. You confirm that you are permitted to provide us such numbers. You may decide to edit your profile by adding or changing other account information such as profile picture or image, name, date of birth, gender, updated password, second phone number and secret question. We may collect additional information from you if you contact our user care team, send us an email, complete a user survey, or otherwise communicate with us.
- Program usage information we collect when you use gidimo. We collect information about how you use gidimo, such as the features you use, and the time spent on gidimo. We associate this information with an internal account ID we assign to you for our internal purposes, including, for example, to help us recognize you across devices you use to access gidimo and personalize your experience based on your last App/web use. We may also collect other information from your device(s) or from the app store through which you downloaded the gidimo app. For example, we may collect information about the device(s) you use to access the App (e.g., mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, preferred language). We may collect analytics data to help us measure traffic and usage trends for gidimo and to understand more about the demographics of our users. We use this information to customize the function and appearance of gidimo based on information related to your account.
- User Generated Information. On gidimo, you can send messages, upload photos and videos. We collect all your activity on gidimo and the information you provide us, such as content that you create, such as posts or comments.
2. How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect to:
- Operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all the features of gidimo.
- Personalize your experience while using gidimo, including on various devices you use to access gidimo. For instance, we may remember your recent activity so we can recommend the most appropriate curriculum and content for you on your next visit.
- Communicate with you about your account and account activity and to respond to inquiries. From time to time, we may also use your information to send you emails about gidimo, our other programs & products, and our other services that may be of interest to you.
- Understand and analyze the usage trends, behaviors, and preferences of our users, to improve the way gidimo works and looks, and to develop new features and functionality.
- Maintain, develop, support, and improve gidimo and our other educational products and services.
3. How we share or transfer data to others
We care deeply about the privacy of our users. We do not rent or sell your personal information to third parties for their own purposes without your consent. We share or disclose your personal information only as needed to provide our service and in the following circumstances:
- Vendors and Service Providers. We may share information with our trusted vendors, third party service providers, and individuals to provide services or products for us or on our behalf, which may include hosting, email delivery, and business administration or professional services (e.g., legal advisors, accountants). When we share personal information with third party service providers or vendors, these third parties are contractually obligated to maintain the security and confidentiality of that personal information.
- Aggregate or de-identified information. We may share information in aggregated and/or anonymous form that cannot reasonably be used to identify any individual.
- Other. We may disclose personal information if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request; (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof; (c) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of gidimo, our users or the public; or (e) as required or permitted by law.
4. Marketing, advertising and email communications
- Interest based advertising. We do not display any targeted advertising in gidimo. We do not permit third parties to collect information about your use of gidimo for the purpose of sending you targeted advertisements on other websites or applications. However, outside of the gidimo app or website, we may engage in interest-based advertising to deliver online advertisements about gidimo and may use third party advertising companies to serve targeted advertisements on other websites, apps or services, including on Facebook and other social networks. These advertisements are not based on the personal information we collect from you or on your activities on gidimo, though you may see one of these advertisements based on your activities on other websites or services (for instance, if you type “gamified learning platform” into an online search engine, you may see an advertisement for gidimo or gidimo).
5. How to access, update or delete your personal information
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to update or delete your personal information.
We may not be able to delete information in all instances, such as information retained in technical support logs and other business records. We may retain information which has been de-identified or disassociated with personal identifiers such that it can no longer be used to reasonably identify a particular individual.
6. Our approach to data security
Data security is important to you, and to us. We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards designed to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information and other information we maintain in connection with gidimo. However, no security system is impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and will notify you of the security incident in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
7. Our Global Operations
8. Links to other sites
10. Contacting gidimo
Please contact gidimo user care with any questions or comments.
By email: email@example.com